SECURITY AND PRIVACY
JFD will not collect any personably identifiable data without receiving your expressed consent. If you have previously provided personally identifiable information via this site you may request that all reasonable efforts to remove this data be made by contacting us at [email protected].com.
Any information provided via this site may be used for marketing and communications purposes. JFD may disclose this data with selected third parties for the same purpose. Further, this data may be shared between the James Fisher and Sons plc group of companies. By submitting personal information you are agreeing to the data being stored and used in this way.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know by emailing [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request to [email protected].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We may co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. There may be other circumstances in which We may be required by law to disclose information about You or Your use of the Website.
We may investigate any reported breach of these Terms or complaints and take any action that We deem appropriate (which may include, without limitation, removing any of Your information, issuing warnings, suspending, restricting or terminating Your access to and/or removing any Materials from the Website. We also reserve the right at Our discretion to suspend, restrict or terminate Your access to this Website at any time without notice if We have reasonable grounds to believe that You have breached any of the restrictions in this paragraph.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may provide links to other websites from time to time (via advertising or otherwise). We do not supply reciprocal links to third party websites solely because they have linked to Us. These links are provided for Your ease of reference and information only. We do not control such third party websites and are not responsible for their contents.
Our inclusion of links does not imply any endorsement of the material contained in such websites or any association with their operators. You acknowledge that We will not be party to any transaction or contract with a third party that You may enter into and We shall not be liable to You in respect of any loss or damage which You may suffer by using those websites. You agree that You will not involve Us in any dispute between You and the third party.
For more information read JFD's ecommerce terms and conditions.